Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Wakefield police seek public's help to identify assailant
WAKEFIELD - Police are asking for the public's help to find a driver who reportedly assaulted a local man who stopped Saturday morning to help him when his car broke down on Fellows Road.
Lt. Mark O'Brien said Michael Paquette, 24, was driving on Wakefield Road, heading to a National Guard training session, Saturday between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. when he saw a green Toyota pickup truck broken down on Fellows Road.
He thought it was someone he knew, O'Brien said, and when he realized he did not know the driver, he still decided to help him out.
Paquette said he was bent over helping the man with his tire, when the driver said something to him. When he turned to look at him, the driver hit him with something, O'Brien said.
Paquette said he was knocked unconscious for about an hour. When he woke up on the ground in front of his vehicle, the other driver and his truck were gone, he said.
Paquette drove home and called police, according to O'Brien.
He doesn't know what he was hit with and he told police nothing was taken.
O'Brien said Paquette refused an ambulance, but later that day went to the hospital on his own for treatment. O'Brien said the incident happened near the town dump, which is busy on Saturday mornings, so investigators hope someone will remember seeing something and give them a call.
He said the driver of the Toyota truck is described as white, in his 30s with a handlebar mustache. The truck may have had Maine plates on it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424