June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Wakefield police search for driver in assault on Good Samaritan
WAKEFIELD - Police are asking for the public's help in locating a driver who reportedly assaulted a local man who stopped Saturday morning to help him when his car broke down on Fellows Road.
Lt. Mark O'Brien said Michael Paquette, 24, was driving on Wakefield Road, heading to a National Guard training session, Saturday between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. when he saw a green Toyota pickup truck broken down on Fellows Road.
He thought it was someone he knew, O'Brien said, and when he realized he did not know the driver, he still decided to help him out.
Paquette was bent over helping the man with his tire, when the driver said something to him. When he turned to look at him, the driver hit him with something, O'Brien said.
Paquette was knocked unconscious for about an hour. When he woke up on the ground in front of his vehicle, the other driver and his truck were gone. Paquette drove home and called police, according to O'Brien.
He doesn't know what he was hit with and he told police nothing was taken.
O'Brien said Paquette refused an ambulance, but later that day went to the hospital on his own for treatment.
O'Brien said the incident happened near the town dump, which is busy on Saturday mornings so investigators are hoping someone will remember seeing something and give them a call.
He said the driver of the Toyota truck is described as white, in his 30s with a handlebar mustache. The truck may have had Maine plates on it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424