Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua baseball shed fire deemed suspicious
When fire crews arrived Monday the shed at Mine Falls Park along Coliseum Avenue was fully involved.
The fire was quickly extinguished, but the shed was totally destroyed, said Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Kerrigan.
"The building is in the middle of a ball field. There is no reason for a fire to start there," said Kerrigan. "It is still under investigation."
While it is too early to determine whether the blaze was arson, Kerrigan said Nashua police are involved in the case.
"Unfortunately, there was some loss to Little League equipment," he said, adding an automatic ball pitcher and some other items stored in the shed were destroyed.
No one was injured in the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 1
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'