Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Conway home
CONWAY - A house fire Monday evening has displaced a Conway family after a blaze started on the second floor.
Chief Steve Solomon of the Conway Fire Department said Tuesday that when firefighters responded to a call at 9:10 p.m. Monday at 9 Olympic Lane, heavy smoke was coming from the second floor, and the occupants of the house - three adults and two children - were out of the building.
The initial attack crew encountered heavy smoke and fire on the second floor, and at 9:55 p.m. a second alarm went out. Solomon said the fire was under control at 11:20 p.m.
He said the house was built around 1900, and the cause of the fire appears to be electrical in origin. The Red Cross is assisting the family. The home, Solomon said, sustained heavy fire damage on the second floor and water damage on the first floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parsons re-elected as Danville police chief - 0
- Hooksett voters reject Pinkerton Academy contract - 0
- Sullovan voters amend planning ordinance - 0
- Langdon voters approve school budget - 0
- Hanson, Woodworth winners in Center Harbor - 0
- Farmington residents pass slight increase to school budget - 0
- Bartlett voters elect new town clerk; Cryans wins Executive Council race in town - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Hampstead voters reject school funding - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus