Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Conway home
A home adjacent to Kennett Middle School was the scene of a fire Monday night. (Sara Young-Knox/Union Leader Correspondent)
CONWAY - A house fire Monday evening has displaced a Conway family after a blaze started on the second floor.
Chief Steve Solomon of the Conway Fire Department said Tuesday that when firefighters responded to a call at 9:10 p.m. Monday at 9 Olympic Lane, heavy smoke was coming from the second floor, and the occupants of the house - three adults and two children - were out of the building.
The initial attack crew encountered heavy smoke and fire on the second floor, and at 9:55 p.m. a second alarm went out. Solomon said the fire was under control at 11:20 p.m.
He said the house was built around 1900, and the cause of the fire appears to be electrical in origin. The Red Cross is assisting the family. The home, Solomon said, sustained heavy fire damage on the second floor and water damage on the first floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
- UNH Notebook: UNH offense outpaces defense in annual Blue/White contest - 0
- Carey Classic set for tonight in Manchester - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Historic Merrimack bridge to be replaced
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen