Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Conway home
A home adjacent to Kennett Middle School was the scene of a fire Monday night. (Sara Young-Knox/Union Leader Correspondent)
CONWAY - A house fire Monday evening has displaced a Conway family after a blaze started on the second floor.
Chief Steve Solomon of the Conway Fire Department said Tuesday that when firefighters responded to a call at 9:10 p.m. Monday at 9 Olympic Lane, heavy smoke was coming from the second floor, and the occupants of the house - three adults and two children - were out of the building.
The initial attack crew encountered heavy smoke and fire on the second floor, and at 9:55 p.m. a second alarm went out. Solomon said the fire was under control at 11:20 p.m.
He said the house was built around 1900, and the cause of the fire appears to be electrical in origin. The Red Cross is assisting the family. The home, Solomon said, sustained heavy fire damage on the second floor and water damage on the first floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Deadline pressure to adopt new Nashua budget
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee