Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Conway home
CONWAY - A house fire Monday evening has displaced a Conway family after a blaze started on the second floor.
Chief Steve Solomon of the Conway Fire Department said Tuesday that when firefighters responded to a call at 9:10 p.m. Monday at 9 Olympic Lane, heavy smoke was coming from the second floor, and the occupants of the house - three adults and two children - were out of the building.
The initial attack crew encountered heavy smoke and fire on the second floor, and at 9:55 p.m. a second alarm went out. Solomon said the fire was under control at 11:20 p.m.
He said the house was built around 1900, and the cause of the fire appears to be electrical in origin. The Red Cross is assisting the family. The home, Solomon said, sustained heavy fire damage on the second floor and water damage on the first floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill