Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Conway home
CONWAY - A house fire Monday evening has displaced a Conway family after a blaze started on the second floor.
Chief Steve Solomon of the Conway Fire Department said Tuesday that when firefighters responded to a call at 9:10 p.m. Monday at 9 Olympic Lane, heavy smoke was coming from the second floor, and the occupants of the house - three adults and two children - were out of the building.
The initial attack crew encountered heavy smoke and fire on the second floor, and at 9:55 p.m. a second alarm went out. Solomon said the fire was under control at 11:20 p.m.
He said the house was built around 1900, and the cause of the fire appears to be electrical in origin. The Red Cross is assisting the family. The home, Solomon said, sustained heavy fire damage on the second floor and water damage on the first floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands