Home » News » Public Safety
Driver inattention blamed for Hudson crash
HUDSON - Police are blaming driver inattention for a three-vehicle crash Tuesday morning that sent one woman to the hospital.
Police say the crash happened shortly after 8:30 a.m. at the intersection of Derry Street and Evergreen Drive, in front of the Hills Garrison School, when a vehicle driven by Angelika Gursky, 46, of Hudson struck two other vehicles that were stopped in the roadway for a school crossing guard.
Gursky's 2006 Honda Pilot struck a 2010 Toyota Camry driven by Jeannette Cunningham, 47, of Hudson, and a 2009 Subaru Legacy driven by Elizabeth Sousa, 20, of Londonderry, according to police. Cunningham was taken by the Hudson Fire Ambulance to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Both Gursky and Sousa were evaluated at the scene and refused transport.
The crash affected traffic for about two hours while tow trucks removed all three vehicles from the scene.
Police said driver inattention on Gursky's part appeared to be the cause of the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072