Home » News » Public Safety
Driver inattention blamed for Hudson crash
HUDSON - Police are blaming driver inattention for a three-vehicle crash Tuesday morning that sent one woman to the hospital.
Police say the crash happened shortly after 8:30 a.m. at the intersection of Derry Street and Evergreen Drive, in front of the Hills Garrison School, when a vehicle driven by Angelika Gursky, 46, of Hudson struck two other vehicles that were stopped in the roadway for a school crossing guard.
Gursky's 2006 Honda Pilot struck a 2010 Toyota Camry driven by Jeannette Cunningham, 47, of Hudson, and a 2009 Subaru Legacy driven by Elizabeth Sousa, 20, of Londonderry, according to police. Cunningham was taken by the Hudson Fire Ambulance to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Both Gursky and Sousa were evaluated at the scene and refused transport.
The crash affected traffic for about two hours while tow trucks removed all three vehicles from the scene.
Police said driver inattention on Gursky's part appeared to be the cause of the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
License revocations for DWI announced