Home » News » Public Safety
Driver inattention blamed for Hudson crash
HUDSON - Police are blaming driver inattention for a three-vehicle crash Tuesday morning that sent one woman to the hospital.
Police say the crash happened shortly after 8:30 a.m. at the intersection of Derry Street and Evergreen Drive, in front of the Hills Garrison School, when a vehicle driven by Angelika Gursky, 46, of Hudson struck two other vehicles that were stopped in the roadway for a school crossing guard.
Gursky's 2006 Honda Pilot struck a 2010 Toyota Camry driven by Jeannette Cunningham, 47, of Hudson, and a 2009 Subaru Legacy driven by Elizabeth Sousa, 20, of Londonderry, according to police. Cunningham was taken by the Hudson Fire Ambulance to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Both Gursky and Sousa were evaluated at the scene and refused transport.
The crash affected traffic for about two hours while tow trucks removed all three vehicles from the scene.
Police said driver inattention on Gursky's part appeared to be the cause of the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief