Home » News » Public Safety
Gunshot scare another false alarm at Windham school
Police arrived to investigate the area between the two schools shortly after 11 a.m., but after an extensive search of the area, nothing suspicious was found, Superintendent Henry LaBranche said.
"We never went on lockdown and the police gave us the clear within 20 minutes," he added.
This was the fourth time in the past several weeks that students and staff have been scared in the Windham district. Several days after the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn., Windham High School was placed on a brief lockdown after someone reportedly heard "a loud bang."
Several days later, a school board member received news of a threat received over the Internet.
On Jan. 2, the middle school was locked down briefly after a resident reportedly heard gunshots coming from nearby. In all three instances, nothing was found.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 10
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist