Home » News » Public Safety
Gunshot scare another false alarm at Windham school
Police arrived to investigate the area between the two schools shortly after 11 a.m., but after an extensive search of the area, nothing suspicious was found, Superintendent Henry LaBranche said.
"We never went on lockdown and the police gave us the clear within 20 minutes," he added.
This was the fourth time in the past several weeks that students and staff have been scared in the Windham district. Several days after the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn., Windham High School was placed on a brief lockdown after someone reportedly heard "a loud bang."
Several days later, a school board member received news of a threat received over the Internet.
On Jan. 2, the middle school was locked down briefly after a resident reportedly heard gunshots coming from nearby. In all three instances, nothing was found.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Bramante's 'free' education initiative gets green light - 0
- Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot - 3
- Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents - 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Glassman first NH player into D-I dance - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin