Home » News » Public Safety
Gunshot scare another false alarm at Windham school
Police arrived to investigate the area between the two schools shortly after 11 a.m., but after an extensive search of the area, nothing suspicious was found, Superintendent Henry LaBranche said.
"We never went on lockdown and the police gave us the clear within 20 minutes," he added.
This was the fourth time in the past several weeks that students and staff have been scared in the Windham district. Several days after the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn., Windham High School was placed on a brief lockdown after someone reportedly heard "a loud bang."
Several days later, a school board member received news of a threat received over the Internet.
On Jan. 2, the middle school was locked down briefly after a resident reportedly heard gunshots coming from nearby. In all three instances, nothing was found.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands