Home » News » Public Safety
Gunshot scare another false alarm at Windham school
Police arrived to investigate the area between the two schools shortly after 11 a.m., but after an extensive search of the area, nothing suspicious was found, Superintendent Henry LaBranche said.
"We never went on lockdown and the police gave us the clear within 20 minutes," he added.
This was the fourth time in the past several weeks that students and staff have been scared in the Windham district. Several days after the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn., Windham High School was placed on a brief lockdown after someone reportedly heard "a loud bang."
Several days later, a school board member received news of a threat received over the Internet.
On Jan. 2, the middle school was locked down briefly after a resident reportedly heard gunshots coming from nearby. In all three instances, nothing was found.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 1
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video