Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Marlborough girl found safe
KEENE - A missing Marlborough girl was found in a city apartment Monday night.
Sarah Allen, 16, was found at a Pleasant Street apartment after police responded to the apartment for a reported domestic disturbance.
Her mother, Kimberley Diemond of Marlborough, reported Sarah missing Dec. 17. In an email Tuesday, Diemond wrote, "Sarah was found by the Keene Police Department last night when they responded to an unrelated domestic dispute where they found Sarah, another runaway and three people with bench warrants out for their arrest. She did not come home voluntarily, but we are extremely glad that she was found, she is safe, and out of harm's way. Thank you so much for helping. I am definitely humbled by the tremendous outpouring of help and support we have received over these past few weeks."
The Keene High School student was reportedly seen in Keene for several days after she didn't return home and had sent her mother a few text messages up until Dec. 19.
In her search for her daughter, Diemond created a Facebook page, "Please help find Sarah Allen," which more than 1,500 people from around the country joined to help and encourage Diemond.
Around 9:30 p.m. on Monday Diemond posted on the Facebook page, "Everyone, Sarah was found tonight in Keene, she is doing OK, thank you ALL for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We've got a long road ahead, but now she is safe and my heart is grateful and so completely relieved. Thank you all so much."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start