Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Marlborough girl found safe
Marlborough mother searches for her missing daughter, 16
KEENE - A missing Marlborough girl was found in a city apartment Monday night.
Sarah Allen, 16, was found at a Pleasant Street apartment after police responded to the apartment for a reported domestic disturbance.
Her mother, Kimberley Diemond of Marlborough, reported Sarah missing Dec. 17. In an email Tuesday, Diemond wrote, "Sarah was found by the Keene Police Department last night when they responded to an unrelated domestic dispute where they found Sarah, another runaway and three people with bench warrants out for their arrest. She did not come home voluntarily, but we are extremely glad that she was found, she is safe, and out of harm's way. Thank you so much for helping. I am definitely humbled by the tremendous outpouring of help and support we have received over these past few weeks."
The Keene High School student was reportedly seen in Keene for several days after she didn't return home and had sent her mother a few text messages up until Dec. 19.
In her search for her daughter, Diemond created a Facebook page, "Please help find Sarah Allen," which more than 1,500 people from around the country joined to help and encourage Diemond.
Around 9:30 p.m. on Monday Diemond posted on the Facebook page, "Everyone, Sarah was found tonight in Keene, she is doing OK, thank you ALL for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We've got a long road ahead, but now she is safe and my heart is grateful and so completely relieved. Thank you all so much."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time