Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Marlborough girl found safe
KEENE - A missing Marlborough girl was found in a city apartment Monday night.
Sarah Allen, 16, was found at a Pleasant Street apartment after police responded to the apartment for a reported domestic disturbance.
Her mother, Kimberley Diemond of Marlborough, reported Sarah missing Dec. 17. In an email Tuesday, Diemond wrote, "Sarah was found by the Keene Police Department last night when they responded to an unrelated domestic dispute where they found Sarah, another runaway and three people with bench warrants out for their arrest. She did not come home voluntarily, but we are extremely glad that she was found, she is safe, and out of harm's way. Thank you so much for helping. I am definitely humbled by the tremendous outpouring of help and support we have received over these past few weeks."
The Keene High School student was reportedly seen in Keene for several days after she didn't return home and had sent her mother a few text messages up until Dec. 19.
In her search for her daughter, Diemond created a Facebook page, "Please help find Sarah Allen," which more than 1,500 people from around the country joined to help and encourage Diemond.
Around 9:30 p.m. on Monday Diemond posted on the Facebook page, "Everyone, Sarah was found tonight in Keene, she is doing OK, thank you ALL for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We've got a long road ahead, but now she is safe and my heart is grateful and so completely relieved. Thank you all so much."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072