Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Marlborough girl found safe
KEENE - A missing Marlborough girl was found in a city apartment Monday night.
Sarah Allen, 16, was found at a Pleasant Street apartment after police responded to the apartment for a reported domestic disturbance.
Her mother, Kimberley Diemond of Marlborough, reported Sarah missing Dec. 17. In an email Tuesday, Diemond wrote, "Sarah was found by the Keene Police Department last night when they responded to an unrelated domestic dispute where they found Sarah, another runaway and three people with bench warrants out for their arrest. She did not come home voluntarily, but we are extremely glad that she was found, she is safe, and out of harm's way. Thank you so much for helping. I am definitely humbled by the tremendous outpouring of help and support we have received over these past few weeks."
The Keene High School student was reportedly seen in Keene for several days after she didn't return home and had sent her mother a few text messages up until Dec. 19.
In her search for her daughter, Diemond created a Facebook page, "Please help find Sarah Allen," which more than 1,500 people from around the country joined to help and encourage Diemond.
Around 9:30 p.m. on Monday Diemond posted on the Facebook page, "Everyone, Sarah was found tonight in Keene, she is doing OK, thank you ALL for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We've got a long road ahead, but now she is safe and my heart is grateful and so completely relieved. Thank you all so much."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 2
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072