Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua storage shed fire under investigation
NASHUA - Police and fire investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire early Monday afternoon that destroyed a storage shed at the Coliseum Avenue Mine Falls Park.
The blaze was reported just before 12:30 p.m. in a shed used to store youth baseball equipment and to run the scoreboard at the Ronald L. Jackson baseball field.
The shed was completely in flames when firefighters arrived. Crews had to drag hose line through the snow to reach the ball field in the middle of the park. Once that was accomplished, however, they quickly extinguished the blaze.
Fire officials estimated there was several thousand dollars in damage to the shed and equipment.
The fire is under investigation by the Nashua Fire Marshal's Office and police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four