Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua storage shed fire under investigation
NASHUA - Police and fire investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire early Monday afternoon that destroyed a storage shed at the Coliseum Avenue Mine Falls Park.
The blaze was reported just before 12:30 p.m. in a shed used to store youth baseball equipment and to run the scoreboard at the Ronald L. Jackson baseball field.
The shed was completely in flames when firefighters arrived. Crews had to drag hose line through the snow to reach the ball field in the middle of the park. Once that was accomplished, however, they quickly extinguished the blaze.
Fire officials estimated there was several thousand dollars in damage to the shed and equipment.
The fire is under investigation by the Nashua Fire Marshal's Office and police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 1
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over