Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua storage shed fire under investigation
NASHUA - Police and fire investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire early Monday afternoon that destroyed a storage shed at the Coliseum Avenue Mine Falls Park.
The blaze was reported just before 12:30 p.m. in a shed used to store youth baseball equipment and to run the scoreboard at the Ronald L. Jackson baseball field.
The shed was completely in flames when firefighters arrived. Crews had to drag hose line through the snow to reach the ball field in the middle of the park. Once that was accomplished, however, they quickly extinguished the blaze.
Fire officials estimated there was several thousand dollars in damage to the shed and equipment.
The fire is under investigation by the Nashua Fire Marshal's Office and police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Bramante's 'free' education initiative gets green light - 0
- Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot - 3
- Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents - 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Glassman first NH player into D-I dance - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin