Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua storage shed fire under investigation
NASHUA - Police and fire investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire early Monday afternoon that destroyed a storage shed at the Coliseum Avenue Mine Falls Park.
The blaze was reported just before 12:30 p.m. in a shed used to store youth baseball equipment and to run the scoreboard at the Ronald L. Jackson baseball field.
The shed was completely in flames when firefighters arrived. Crews had to drag hose line through the snow to reach the ball field in the middle of the park. Once that was accomplished, however, they quickly extinguished the blaze.
Fire officials estimated there was several thousand dollars in damage to the shed and equipment.
The fire is under investigation by the Nashua Fire Marshal's Office and police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief