Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua storage shed fire under investigation
NASHUA - Police and fire investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire early Monday afternoon that destroyed a storage shed at the Coliseum Avenue Mine Falls Park.
The blaze was reported just before 12:30 p.m. in a shed used to store youth baseball equipment and to run the scoreboard at the Ronald L. Jackson baseball field.
The shed was completely in flames when firefighters arrived. Crews had to drag hose line through the snow to reach the ball field in the middle of the park. Once that was accomplished, however, they quickly extinguished the blaze.
Fire officials estimated there was several thousand dollars in damage to the shed and equipment.
The fire is under investigation by the Nashua Fire Marshal's Office and police.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced