Seacoast Mavericks name Adam manager
The Seacoast Mavericks of the Futures Collegiate Baseball League continued a busy off-season by naming David Adam as manager on Monday. Adam, a former minor league pitcher for the Seattle Mariners, has served in many coaching roles throughout the Seacoast for the past dozen years.
The Berwick, Maine, resident has served as head coach at Newmarket High School and pitching coach at Oyster River of Durham, in addition to youth baseball coaching, guiding the Rye Little League all-stars to a state championship in 2003. He has also coached at Hesser College.
The Mavericks recently announced they are playing all home games at Leary Field in Portsmouth this season.
The team is also hosting a Hot Stove Baseball Dinner, featuring Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalmacchia and Durham native Sam Fuld of the Rays, on Jan. 25 at the Residence Inn's Harbor Events Center.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
- NH Preservation Alliance honors 10 for protecting historic treasures - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840