Seacoast Mavericks name Adam manager
The Seacoast Mavericks of the Futures Collegiate Baseball League continued a busy off-season by naming David Adam as manager on Monday. Adam, a former minor league pitcher for the Seattle Mariners, has served in many coaching roles throughout the Seacoast for the past dozen years.
The Berwick, Maine, resident has served as head coach at Newmarket High School and pitching coach at Oyster River of Durham, in addition to youth baseball coaching, guiding the Rye Little League all-stars to a state championship in 2003. He has also coached at Hesser College.
The Mavericks recently announced they are playing all home games at Leary Field in Portsmouth this season.
The team is also hosting a Hot Stove Baseball Dinner, featuring Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalmacchia and Durham native Sam Fuld of the Rays, on Jan. 25 at the Residence Inn's Harbor Events Center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840