Seacoast Mavericks name Adam manager
The Seacoast Mavericks of the Futures Collegiate Baseball League continued a busy off-season by naming David Adam as manager on Monday. Adam, a former minor league pitcher for the Seattle Mariners, has served in many coaching roles throughout the Seacoast for the past dozen years.
The Berwick, Maine, resident has served as head coach at Newmarket High School and pitching coach at Oyster River of Durham, in addition to youth baseball coaching, guiding the Rye Little League all-stars to a state championship in 2003. He has also coached at Hesser College.
The Mavericks recently announced they are playing all home games at Leary Field in Portsmouth this season.
The team is also hosting a Hot Stove Baseball Dinner, featuring Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalmacchia and Durham native Sam Fuld of the Rays, on Jan. 25 at the Residence Inn's Harbor Events Center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
There are no little jobs in the armed forces
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840