Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Ex-UNH coach Boylan assumes Bucks' job
Milwaukee is 16-16 this season and hosted the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday night.
"Scott and I met yesterday after practice and after some honest discussion, we both came to the conclusion that it was best to part ways," general John Hammond said in team release. "It is never an easy decision to make, but in the end a decision we felt was best for both parties. I want to thank Scott for his hard work, dedication and the imprint he leaves on our team and our entire organization. We all wish him and his family well."
Skiles was 162-182 in the regular season in four-plus years with Milwaukee.
Skiles is 443-433 overall. He also coached the Chicago Bulls and Phoenix Suns. In 12 seasons, he has guided teams to the playoffs six times and is 18-24 in the postseason.
Boylan, 57, has been the lead assistant coach for the Bucks the past four seasons. He also took over for Skiles in Chicago when he was fired during the 2007-08 season.
Boylan coached three seasons at UNH, succeeding the late Gerry Friel at the start of the 1989-90 season. Boylan posted a 15-69 coaching record with the Wildcats. His best season (7-21) was during the 1991-92 campaign.
It was during Boylan's tenure when, on Feb. 11, 1991, the Wildcats ended their national record of 32 consecutive home losses with a 72-56 win against Holy Cross at Lundholm Gym.
As a player Boylan was a point guard for Marquette, leading the team to the 1977 national title.
He scored 14 points in the final against North Carolina.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 17, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 16, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 15, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 13, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 12, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 11, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 10, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 9, 2013 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 7
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire