Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Ex-UNH coach Boylan assumes Bucks' job
Milwaukee is 16-16 this season and hosted the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday night.
"Scott and I met yesterday after practice and after some honest discussion, we both came to the conclusion that it was best to part ways," general John Hammond said in team release. "It is never an easy decision to make, but in the end a decision we felt was best for both parties. I want to thank Scott for his hard work, dedication and the imprint he leaves on our team and our entire organization. We all wish him and his family well."
Skiles was 162-182 in the regular season in four-plus years with Milwaukee.
Skiles is 443-433 overall. He also coached the Chicago Bulls and Phoenix Suns. In 12 seasons, he has guided teams to the playoffs six times and is 18-24 in the postseason.
Boylan, 57, has been the lead assistant coach for the Bucks the past four seasons. He also took over for Skiles in Chicago when he was fired during the 2007-08 season.
Boylan coached three seasons at UNH, succeeding the late Gerry Friel at the start of the 1989-90 season. Boylan posted a 15-69 coaching record with the Wildcats. His best season (7-21) was during the 1991-92 campaign.
It was during Boylan's tenure when, on Feb. 11, 1991, the Wildcats ended their national record of 32 consecutive home losses with a 72-56 win against Holy Cross at Lundholm Gym.
As a player Boylan was a point guard for Marquette, leading the team to the 1977 national title.
He scored 14 points in the final against North Carolina.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time