Bradford students honor veterans
Participating in the ceremony were members Cmdr. Charles Trowbridge, Richard Dahlgren and Phil Lord of Wilkins-Cloues-Bigelow-Pearson Post No. 39 in Warner. The program was directed by fifth-grade teacher Lauren Duquette.
Principal Don West welcomed everyone and then Charles Trowbridge and fifth-graders Trevor McConnell and Hailey Hogancamp posted the colors. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited followed by "The Star-Spangled Banner" sung by the second- and third-graders.
Duquette told the audience that the second-graders had written letters for the veterans and presented them to Cmdr. Trowbridge for distribution. The post planned to deliver the letters to veterans at the veterans home in Tilton.
The President's Veterans Day Proclamation was read by fifth-graders Ashlee Start and Ashley Clark. Members of each class, starting with kindergarten, recognized veterans in their family who were or had been on active duty in the service.
The POW/MIA Remembrance Ceremony was presented by members of the fourth-grade classes. Several veteran-themed poems were read: "Heroes Die for Me" written by Jamie Burns and read by Ryan Turco and Andrew Grillo; "Veterans Day" written by Cheryl Dyson and ready by Alex Tanksley and Shawn Rowell.
Principal Don West then thanked everyone for coming and had everyone stand while the colors were retired. Music teacher Matt Mitchell played taps on the trumpet.
Trowbridge, Trevor McConnell and Hailey Hogencamp then retired the colors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?