May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Prosecutor says attorney considered girl 'an object, a thing'
Female attorney guilty of bringing 14-year-old to Canada to make porn
Jury selection to begin in Manchester lawyer's child porn trial
NH lawyer told to stay away from teen she's accused of bringing to Ontario for sex
In his opening argument, U.S. Attorney John Kacavas said Biron was a pot pusher, pornography producer and predator who considered the teen "an object, a thing."
Biron, 43, is accused of taking the girl to Canada, giving her alcohol and marijuana, and videotaping her as she had sex with a Canadian man she had met online.
Biron is also charged with making more videos, on a cellphone, of the girl having sex with another male in New Hampshire.
Defense attorney James Moir cautioned jurors that they were going to see graphic videos and said the issue here is not whether Lisa Biron is morally depraved.
He said the jury's verdicts must be based "on one thing and one thing only. Has the government proved each and every element beyond a reasonable doubt?"
During the morning session, the witnesses were two young men who testified they had sex with the 14-year-old and with Biron and that they were videotaped during their sexual activities with the teen.
The teenager will be one of the witnesses in what Judge Paul Barbadoro said he expected would be a two-day trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 58
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424