Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Prosecutor says attorney considered girl 'an object, a thing'
In his opening argument, U.S. Attorney John Kacavas said Biron was a pot pusher, pornography producer and predator who considered the teen "an object, a thing."
Biron, 43, is accused of taking the girl to Canada, giving her alcohol and marijuana, and videotaping her as she had sex with a Canadian man she had met online.
Biron is also charged with making more videos, on a cellphone, of the girl having sex with another male in New Hampshire.
Defense attorney James Moir cautioned jurors that they were going to see graphic videos and said the issue here is not whether Lisa Biron is morally depraved.
He said the jury's verdicts must be based "on one thing and one thing only. Has the government proved each and every element beyond a reasonable doubt?"
During the morning session, the witnesses were two young men who testified they had sex with the 14-year-old and with Biron and that they were videotaped during their sexual activities with the teen.
The teenager will be one of the witnesses in what Judge Paul Barbadoro said he expected would be a two-day trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 1
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483