May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Prosecutor says attorney considered girl 'an object, a thing'
Female attorney guilty of bringing 14-year-old to Canada to make porn
Jury selection to begin in Manchester lawyer's child porn trial
NH lawyer told to stay away from teen she's accused of bringing to Ontario for sex
In his opening argument, U.S. Attorney John Kacavas said Biron was a pot pusher, pornography producer and predator who considered the teen "an object, a thing."
Biron, 43, is accused of taking the girl to Canada, giving her alcohol and marijuana, and videotaping her as she had sex with a Canadian man she had met online.
Biron is also charged with making more videos, on a cellphone, of the girl having sex with another male in New Hampshire.
Defense attorney James Moir cautioned jurors that they were going to see graphic videos and said the issue here is not whether Lisa Biron is morally depraved.
He said the jury's verdicts must be based "on one thing and one thing only. Has the government proved each and every element beyond a reasonable doubt?"
During the morning session, the witnesses were two young men who testified they had sex with the 14-year-old and with Biron and that they were videotaped during their sexual activities with the teen.
The teenager will be one of the witnesses in what Judge Paul Barbadoro said he expected would be a two-day trial.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424