Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Prosecutor says attorney considered girl 'an object, a thing'
In his opening argument, U.S. Attorney John Kacavas said Biron was a pot pusher, pornography producer and predator who considered the teen "an object, a thing."
Biron, 43, is accused of taking the girl to Canada, giving her alcohol and marijuana, and videotaping her as she had sex with a Canadian man she had met online.
Biron is also charged with making more videos, on a cellphone, of the girl having sex with another male in New Hampshire.
Defense attorney James Moir cautioned jurors that they were going to see graphic videos and said the issue here is not whether Lisa Biron is morally depraved.
He said the jury's verdicts must be based "on one thing and one thing only. Has the government proved each and every element beyond a reasonable doubt?"
During the morning session, the witnesses were two young men who testified they had sex with the 14-year-old and with Biron and that they were videotaped during their sexual activities with the teen.
The teenager will be one of the witnesses in what Judge Paul Barbadoro said he expected would be a two-day trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483