Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Salem nurse accused of selling prescription pain killers
Moore was arrested after an abbreviated investigation because she is employed as a nurse at Salem Haven, a local nursing home, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn J. Patton said investigators acted quickly even though they have yet to determine if the drugs being sold were stolen from the nursing home or its residents.
Detectives obtained arrest and search warrants for her apartment and, during her arrest, police said she pulled out a prescription bottle containing 63 pills she had hidden in her bra.
Investigators also seized several empty prescription bottles, cash and other pills. The case remains under investigation.
Moore is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail.
Police also arrested two other people on drug charges in unrelated investigations. Todd Gurley, 41, of Hampstead, was arrested on three counts of sale of a controlled drug — OxyContin and Suboxon; possession of a controlled drug in a vehicle; and conspiracy to violate drug laws.
He is accused of selling drugs to undercover detectives on three occasions in the past month. The case remains open with charges pending against other individuals as well.
Valerie Watson, 62, of Salem, was the third person arrested.. She is charged with three counts of sale of controlled drugs — OxyContin and Percocet. She is accused of selling the prescription medications in three separate sales to undercover detectives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424