May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Salem nurse accused of selling prescription pain killers
Moore was arrested after an abbreviated investigation because she is employed as a nurse at Salem Haven, a local nursing home, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn J. Patton said investigators acted quickly even though they have yet to determine if the drugs being sold were stolen from the nursing home or its residents.
Detectives obtained arrest and search warrants for her apartment and, during her arrest, police said she pulled out a prescription bottle containing 63 pills she had hidden in her bra.
Investigators also seized several empty prescription bottles, cash and other pills. The case remains under investigation.
Moore is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail.
Police also arrested two other people on drug charges in unrelated investigations. Todd Gurley, 41, of Hampstead, was arrested on three counts of sale of a controlled drug — OxyContin and Suboxon; possession of a controlled drug in a vehicle; and conspiracy to violate drug laws.
He is accused of selling drugs to undercover detectives on three occasions in the past month. The case remains open with charges pending against other individuals as well.
Valerie Watson, 62, of Salem, was the third person arrested.. She is charged with three counts of sale of controlled drugs — OxyContin and Percocet. She is accused of selling the prescription medications in three separate sales to undercover detectives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 2
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 6
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 2
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 4
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 5
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 2
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Souhegan boys, Coe-Brown girls repeat in Div. II meets - 0
- Massachusetts cab driver robbed in Pelham - 0
- Coos County campground owner vows business as usual despite fire; PorcFest X to go on - 0
- Hikers rescued from separate Monadnock region trails during rough weather - 2
- Smokey oven fire forces Nashua evacuation - 0
- Driver dozes, car wipes out Merrimack Chamber of Commerce information booth - 0
- Late snowfall ties New Hampshire record set in 1967 - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Sans dice, how will Hassan roll now? - 5
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 2
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424