Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Salem nurse accused of selling prescription pain killers
Moore was arrested after an abbreviated investigation because she is employed as a nurse at Salem Haven, a local nursing home, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn J. Patton said investigators acted quickly even though they have yet to determine if the drugs being sold were stolen from the nursing home or its residents.
Detectives obtained arrest and search warrants for her apartment and, during her arrest, police said she pulled out a prescription bottle containing 63 pills she had hidden in her bra.
Investigators also seized several empty prescription bottles, cash and other pills. The case remains under investigation.
Moore is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail.
Police also arrested two other people on drug charges in unrelated investigations. Todd Gurley, 41, of Hampstead, was arrested on three counts of sale of a controlled drug — OxyContin and Suboxon; possession of a controlled drug in a vehicle; and conspiracy to violate drug laws.
He is accused of selling drugs to undercover detectives on three occasions in the past month. The case remains open with charges pending against other individuals as well.
Valerie Watson, 62, of Salem, was the third person arrested.. She is charged with three counts of sale of controlled drugs — OxyContin and Percocet. She is accused of selling the prescription medications in three separate sales to undercover detectives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'