Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Salem nurse accused of selling prescription pain killers
Moore was arrested after an abbreviated investigation because she is employed as a nurse at Salem Haven, a local nursing home, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn J. Patton said investigators acted quickly even though they have yet to determine if the drugs being sold were stolen from the nursing home or its residents.
Detectives obtained arrest and search warrants for her apartment and, during her arrest, police said she pulled out a prescription bottle containing 63 pills she had hidden in her bra.
Investigators also seized several empty prescription bottles, cash and other pills. The case remains under investigation.
Moore is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail.
Police also arrested two other people on drug charges in unrelated investigations. Todd Gurley, 41, of Hampstead, was arrested on three counts of sale of a controlled drug — OxyContin and Suboxon; possession of a controlled drug in a vehicle; and conspiracy to violate drug laws.
He is accused of selling drugs to undercover detectives on three occasions in the past month. The case remains open with charges pending against other individuals as well.
Valerie Watson, 62, of Salem, was the third person arrested.. She is charged with three counts of sale of controlled drugs — OxyContin and Percocet. She is accused of selling the prescription medications in three separate sales to undercover detectives.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917