Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Salem nurse accused of selling prescription pain killers
Moore was arrested after an abbreviated investigation because she is employed as a nurse at Salem Haven, a local nursing home, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn J. Patton said investigators acted quickly even though they have yet to determine if the drugs being sold were stolen from the nursing home or its residents.
Detectives obtained arrest and search warrants for her apartment and, during her arrest, police said she pulled out a prescription bottle containing 63 pills she had hidden in her bra.
Investigators also seized several empty prescription bottles, cash and other pills. The case remains under investigation.
Moore is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail.
Police also arrested two other people on drug charges in unrelated investigations. Todd Gurley, 41, of Hampstead, was arrested on three counts of sale of a controlled drug — OxyContin and Suboxon; possession of a controlled drug in a vehicle; and conspiracy to violate drug laws.
He is accused of selling drugs to undercover detectives on three occasions in the past month. The case remains open with charges pending against other individuals as well.
Valerie Watson, 62, of Salem, was the third person arrested.. She is charged with three counts of sale of controlled drugs — OxyContin and Percocet. She is accused of selling the prescription medications in three separate sales to undercover detectives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424