June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Pair charged after hit-and-run in Manchester
Police were called shortly after 8 a.m. for a reported accident at the Gulf Station, at 21 N. Main St. Two damaged cars were in the lot, and Tyler Whitney, 19, of 620 Silver St., was standing next to one of them.
Whitney told police he was driving his Saab 9.3 west on Granite Street when he was rear-ended by a Saturn Ion operated by a man. He helped the other driver push the disabled Saturn into the gas station parking lot. He talked briefly with the driver and, when he went into the gas station to call police, the other man fled the scene on foot.
Jessica Hughes, 26, of 985 Pleasant St., New London, arrived on the scene and identified herself as the owner of the Saturn. She maintained she was driving the Saturn when it collided with the Saab and said she had to leave the scene momentarily.
She continued to insist she was the driver even after Officer Todd Biery told her witnesses said a man was driving the car, police said.
Meanwhile, Officer Walter Feldhouse located a man matching the driver's description in the area of Douglas and Second streets. Police said the man, Daniel Berwick, 24, of 48 Henriette St., was the driver who fled the scene because his driver's license was under suspension.
Berwick was arrested and charged with conduct after an accident and operating a motor vehicle after license suspension, second offense.
Hughes was charged with false report of an accident after police said she continued to insist she was driving the car when it crashed into the Saab.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 1
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 26
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424