May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Pair charged after hit-and-run in Manchester
Police were called shortly after 8 a.m. for a reported accident at the Gulf Station, at 21 N. Main St. Two damaged cars were in the lot, and Tyler Whitney, 19, of 620 Silver St., was standing next to one of them.
Whitney told police he was driving his Saab 9.3 west on Granite Street when he was rear-ended by a Saturn Ion operated by a man. He helped the other driver push the disabled Saturn into the gas station parking lot. He talked briefly with the driver and, when he went into the gas station to call police, the other man fled the scene on foot.
Jessica Hughes, 26, of 985 Pleasant St., New London, arrived on the scene and identified herself as the owner of the Saturn. She maintained she was driving the Saturn when it collided with the Saab and said she had to leave the scene momentarily.
She continued to insist she was the driver even after Officer Todd Biery told her witnesses said a man was driving the car, police said.
Meanwhile, Officer Walter Feldhouse located a man matching the driver's description in the area of Douglas and Second streets. Police said the man, Daniel Berwick, 24, of 48 Henriette St., was the driver who fled the scene because his driver's license was under suspension.
Berwick was arrested and charged with conduct after an accident and operating a motor vehicle after license suspension, second offense.
Hughes was charged with false report of an accident after police said she continued to insist she was driving the car when it crashed into the Saab.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 40
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 7
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 11
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 14
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death - 3
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424