May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Pair charged after hit-and-run in Manchester
Police were called shortly after 8 a.m. for a reported accident at the Gulf Station, at 21 N. Main St. Two damaged cars were in the lot, and Tyler Whitney, 19, of 620 Silver St., was standing next to one of them.
Whitney told police he was driving his Saab 9.3 west on Granite Street when he was rear-ended by a Saturn Ion operated by a man. He helped the other driver push the disabled Saturn into the gas station parking lot. He talked briefly with the driver and, when he went into the gas station to call police, the other man fled the scene on foot.
Jessica Hughes, 26, of 985 Pleasant St., New London, arrived on the scene and identified herself as the owner of the Saturn. She maintained she was driving the Saturn when it collided with the Saab and said she had to leave the scene momentarily.
She continued to insist she was the driver even after Officer Todd Biery told her witnesses said a man was driving the car, police said.
Meanwhile, Officer Walter Feldhouse located a man matching the driver's description in the area of Douglas and Second streets. Police said the man, Daniel Berwick, 24, of 48 Henriette St., was the driver who fled the scene because his driver's license was under suspension.
Berwick was arrested and charged with conduct after an accident and operating a motor vehicle after license suspension, second offense.
Hughes was charged with false report of an accident after police said she continued to insist she was driving the car when it crashed into the Saab.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
George Will: The loss of trust
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424