May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Pair charged after hit-and-run in Manchester
Police were called shortly after 8 a.m. for a reported accident at the Gulf Station, at 21 N. Main St. Two damaged cars were in the lot, and Tyler Whitney, 19, of 620 Silver St., was standing next to one of them.
Whitney told police he was driving his Saab 9.3 west on Granite Street when he was rear-ended by a Saturn Ion operated by a man. He helped the other driver push the disabled Saturn into the gas station parking lot. He talked briefly with the driver and, when he went into the gas station to call police, the other man fled the scene on foot.
Jessica Hughes, 26, of 985 Pleasant St., New London, arrived on the scene and identified herself as the owner of the Saturn. She maintained she was driving the Saturn when it collided with the Saab and said she had to leave the scene momentarily.
She continued to insist she was the driver even after Officer Todd Biery told her witnesses said a man was driving the car, police said.
Meanwhile, Officer Walter Feldhouse located a man matching the driver's description in the area of Douglas and Second streets. Police said the man, Daniel Berwick, 24, of 48 Henriette St., was the driver who fled the scene because his driver's license was under suspension.
Berwick was arrested and charged with conduct after an accident and operating a motor vehicle after license suspension, second offense.
Hughes was charged with false report of an accident after police said she continued to insist she was driving the car when it crashed into the Saab.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 3
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Guertin girls net another win to make it 67 straight - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424