Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Pair charged after hit-and-run in Manchester
Police were called shortly after 8 a.m. for a reported accident at the Gulf Station, at 21 N. Main St. Two damaged cars were in the lot, and Tyler Whitney, 19, of 620 Silver St., was standing next to one of them.
Whitney told police he was driving his Saab 9.3 west on Granite Street when he was rear-ended by a Saturn Ion operated by a man. He helped the other driver push the disabled Saturn into the gas station parking lot. He talked briefly with the driver and, when he went into the gas station to call police, the other man fled the scene on foot.
Jessica Hughes, 26, of 985 Pleasant St., New London, arrived on the scene and identified herself as the owner of the Saturn. She maintained she was driving the Saturn when it collided with the Saab and said she had to leave the scene momentarily.
She continued to insist she was the driver even after Officer Todd Biery told her witnesses said a man was driving the car, police said.
Meanwhile, Officer Walter Feldhouse located a man matching the driver's description in the area of Douglas and Second streets. Police said the man, Daniel Berwick, 24, of 48 Henriette St., was the driver who fled the scene because his driver's license was under suspension.
Berwick was arrested and charged with conduct after an accident and operating a motor vehicle after license suspension, second offense.
Hughes was charged with false report of an accident after police said she continued to insist she was driving the car when it crashed into the Saab.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 1
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 2
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 3
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424