In this weekend's Sunday News
Now that the obligatory holiday trips to see family have wrapped up, consumers hoping for a more leisurely getaway may want to keep their suitcases handy. Experts say the travel deals available in early January are often some of the best offered all year. And this sale season, lower-than-usual snowfall in many parts of the country has added a few peak-winter destinations to the mix.
From concerns about the flu’s spread across New Hampshire and helping the homeless stay warm in winter to an effort to make lost hikers pay for rescues and Nashua Mayor Donnalee Lozeau’s latest push for rail service, readers can look forward to our comprehensive coverage of these topics and more.
Say what you want about the benefits of modern technology, New Hampshire's secretary of state has a few things to say about doing things the old-fashioned way -- and saving taxpayers money at the same time. We'll tell you all about it.
January's the time for resolutions, financial and otherwise. If you're expecting a major life change in 2013 - getting married, having a baby, buying a house, sending a kid to college, or your own retirement - now's the time to start preparing your finances for it. Here's what financial planners had to say about the essential money steps you should take as you prepare for each of those new situations in the year ahead.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman sues after her dogs kill neighbor's pet beagle - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Breed's bad reputation skews the truth about pitbulls - 2
- Auburn family's dog found shot in head - 10
- Cat dies after reportedly being thrown from vehicle on Route 11 in New Durham - 6
- Swanzey dog rescue seeks funds to rebuild after fire - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers