In this weekend's Sunday News
Now that the obligatory holiday trips to see family have wrapped up, consumers hoping for a more leisurely getaway may want to keep their suitcases handy. Experts say the travel deals available in early January are often some of the best offered all year. And this sale season, lower-than-usual snowfall in many parts of the country has added a few peak-winter destinations to the mix.
From concerns about the flu’s spread across New Hampshire and helping the homeless stay warm in winter to an effort to make lost hikers pay for rescues and Nashua Mayor Donnalee Lozeau’s latest push for rail service, readers can look forward to our comprehensive coverage of these topics and more.
Say what you want about the benefits of modern technology, New Hampshire's secretary of state has a few things to say about doing things the old-fashioned way -- and saving taxpayers money at the same time. We'll tell you all about it.
January's the time for resolutions, financial and otherwise. If you're expecting a major life change in 2013 - getting married, having a baby, buying a house, sending a kid to college, or your own retirement - now's the time to start preparing your finances for it. Here's what financial planners had to say about the essential money steps you should take as you prepare for each of those new situations in the year ahead.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cryans wins Grantham in Executive Council race - 0
- Coming bad weatherpostpones NHIAA tourney contests - 0
- Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one - 0
- Waterville Valley town clerk saying goodbye to post - 0
- Kids get out and vote in Weare - 0
- Hollis voters set to gather for annual Town Meeting Wednesday - 0
- Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 4
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus