In this weekend's Sunday News
Now that the obligatory holiday trips to see family have wrapped up, consumers hoping for a more leisurely getaway may want to keep their suitcases handy. Experts say the travel deals available in early January are often some of the best offered all year. And this sale season, lower-than-usual snowfall in many parts of the country has added a few peak-winter destinations to the mix.
From concerns about the flu’s spread across New Hampshire and helping the homeless stay warm in winter to an effort to make lost hikers pay for rescues and Nashua Mayor Donnalee Lozeau’s latest push for rail service, readers can look forward to our comprehensive coverage of these topics and more.
Say what you want about the benefits of modern technology, New Hampshire's secretary of state has a few things to say about doing things the old-fashioned way -- and saving taxpayers money at the same time. We'll tell you all about it.
January's the time for resolutions, financial and otherwise. If you're expecting a major life change in 2013 - getting married, having a baby, buying a house, sending a kid to college, or your own retirement - now's the time to start preparing your finances for it. Here's what financial planners had to say about the essential money steps you should take as you prepare for each of those new situations in the year ahead.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bishop Libasci declares Holy Family Academy a Catholic school - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Clergy to take Ash Wednesday to the streets today in Concord - 0
- Roman Catholic Bishop Libasci offers his message for Lent - 0
- ‘Son of God’ attracting the faithful and movie-lovers in NH - 0
- Seacoast churches offer program introducing Episcopal faith - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
- New Cardinal Gerald Lacroix thanks his mom and dad - 2
- NH family cheers newly installed Cardinal Lacroix - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Basketball: Campbell tops Fall Mountain for second D-III championship - 0
- At FIRST, it's all about learning and helping each other - 0