May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Colorado judge orders accused movie theater gunman to stand trial
Biden draws NRA ire in drive against gun violence
Arapahoe County District Judge William Sylvester ruled that prosecutors had shown probable cause during a three-day preliminary hearing this week t h at Holmes committed the crimes, and ordered him bound for trial on all counts. H e said Holmes, 25, should continue to be held without bail.
The former neuroscience doctoral student is charged with 24 counts of first-degree murder and 140 counts of attempted murder stemming from the July 20 rampage at th e opening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in the Denver sub urb of Aurora.
In addition to the 12 people who died, 58 others were wounded by gunfire and a dozen more suffered other injuries. Ho lmes faces two counts of the same offense fo r each victim - one for commission of the crime "after deliberation" and another for "malice manifesting extreme indifference to human life."
He also was charged with one count each of felony possession of an explosive and use of firearms in a crime of violence.
Prosecutors have yet to decide whether the seek the death penalty. Legal experts have said they expect Holmes' lawyers to mount an insanity defense, but his legal team said they would not be ready to enter a plea at the next court hearing in the case, set for Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 3
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 2
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire
Berlin man dies while kayaking
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424