May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Colorado judge orders accused movie theater gunman to stand trial
Biden draws NRA ire in drive against gun violence
Arapahoe County District Judge William Sylvester ruled that prosecutors had shown probable cause during a three-day preliminary hearing this week t h at Holmes committed the crimes, and ordered him bound for trial on all counts. H e said Holmes, 25, should continue to be held without bail.
The former neuroscience doctoral student is charged with 24 counts of first-degree murder and 140 counts of attempted murder stemming from the July 20 rampage at th e opening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in the Denver sub urb of Aurora.
In addition to the 12 people who died, 58 others were wounded by gunfire and a dozen more suffered other injuries. Ho lmes faces two counts of the same offense fo r each victim - one for commission of the crime "after deliberation" and another for "malice manifesting extreme indifference to human life."
He also was charged with one count each of felony possession of an explosive and use of firearms in a crime of violence.
Prosecutors have yet to decide whether the seek the death penalty. Legal experts have said they expect Holmes' lawyers to mount an insanity defense, but his legal team said they would not be ready to enter a plea at the next court hearing in the case, set for Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424