Student arrested after pot brownie incident
The brownies were ingested by one student, said Capt. Robert E. Browne.
"One of the students took a bite and noticed that something was wrong," Browne said, and took them to administration, who contacted School Resource Officer James Mitchell.
Browne said the brownies were tested and came back positive for marijuana.
No other students ingested the brownies, Browne said.
Browne said it was not yet clear whether the student in question brought the brownies from home, but said it was from an outside source. Browne urged parents to talk to their children about the possibility of the presence of drugs in school.
"We wanted to make sure this was brought to the public's attention, so if their kids see something, they should report it," he said.
The student was released to the custody of a family member and will be petitioned to juvenile court at a later date.