Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Quick arrests after store across from new police station is robbed
The robbery happened at 12:55 a.m. at Tedeschi Food Shop, 245 Maple St., directly across the street from the Manchester Police Department's new building on Valley Street.
Sgt. Paul Thompson said two men robbed the store and a knife was shown.
"Units responded quickly, obviously," Thompson said.
Police immediately set up a perimeter in the Valley and Maple street area, and Officer Ben Foster and K-9 Moose were brought in to track down the men.
Thompson said the men saw the dog and ran, directly toward other officers. Arrested were Jesse Reidy, 19, of Manchester, and Brannon Collins, 18, of Manchester.
Previously, police headquarters was on Chestnut Street near downtown.
Both men are to be arraigned this morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
Thompson said the robbery is not related to others that took place on the city's West Side.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 26
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 0
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424