Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Quick arrests after store across from new police station is robbed
The robbery happened at 12:55 a.m. at Tedeschi Food Shop, 245 Maple St., directly across the street from the Manchester Police Department's new building on Valley Street.
Sgt. Paul Thompson said two men robbed the store and a knife was shown.
"Units responded quickly, obviously," Thompson said.
Police immediately set up a perimeter in the Valley and Maple street area, and Officer Ben Foster and K-9 Moose were brought in to track down the men.
Thompson said the men saw the dog and ran, directly toward other officers. Arrested were Jesse Reidy, 19, of Manchester, and Brannon Collins, 18, of Manchester.
Previously, police headquarters was on Chestnut Street near downtown.
Both men are to be arraigned this morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
Thompson said the robbery is not related to others that took place on the city's West Side.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Activist in chicken suit was warned not to pester Shaheen prior to arrest - 0
- Judge orders prosecutors to disclose more details in Portsmouth bat beating probe - 0
- Former Claremont police dispatcher waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- Some sexual assault charges dismissed against Nashua caretaker - 0
- Dover man indicted in sexual assault of young girl - 0
- Rochester man facing attempted murder charge - 0
- Mother, daughter, man charged in prostitution case in Nashua - 0
- Alleged accomplice of Dover-area burglaries indicted - 0
- Somersworth liquor store robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 9
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917