Home » News » Public Safety
State police arrest motorist clocked at 130 mph
Carl McCoy, 65, was arrested Tuesday at 6:30 a.m. after New Hampshire State Police trooper Brian Viglione saw a 2008 BMW 1-Series heading north on the highway at a high rate of speed and in a reckless manner, according to a news release.
Viglione clocked the car doing 130 mph in the posted 55 mph speed zone while making lane changes, state police said.
He pulled the car over and the driver, identified as McCoy, was arrested.
McCoy was given a March 6 arraignment date in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Last August, McCoy was arrested on a charge of felonious sexual assault alleging he assaulted a girl he knows at a city residence the previous month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 0
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 8
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
- Berlin looking to acquire BearCat armored vehicle - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber